Monday, August 17, 2015

Breathe

So, on the second to last day that I was with my family in Utah, my sisters Michaelah and Hannah sang for us. And one of the songs Hannah sang is one of my absolute favorites. 

It's called breathe from in the heights, and to be totally honest, I balled like a baby when she sang it. 


This is the song. Just watch and listen to it, and tell me it doesn't make you a little sad just listening to it. 


The story behind it is that the girl singing, (Nina,) lives in the a small broken down village, and worked harder than anyone to achieve her dreams. She got great grades, and saved money to go to college.

She got accepted to Stanford, and tried to work two different jobs while doing classes at the same time, and ended up failing her classes, and now she is home, to face the people she knows, and her family.

It's a beautiful song.

1 comment: